Sincerity Funerals is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
Sincerity Funerals Limited
245 Trysull Road, Wolverhampton, WV3 7LG
Registered in England No. 10678805
Information Sincerity Funerals collect and use
Information about who you are, including: your name, address and contact details, telephone/email, your relationship to the deceased etc.
Information about the deceased, including: their name, address, age, next of kin, doctor, religion, occupation, marital or civil partnership status, nation insurance no. (DWP claims only) etc.
Information collected will only be used where it is needed to provide the service that has been requested or to comply with our legal obligations.
Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails/letters.
Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products you have with us, such as funeral plans.
Where Sincerity Funerals collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from a variety of sources, including:
an application form for a product or service, phone conversations with us, emails or letters you send to us, meetings with our Funeral Directors or administration staff
We may also collect personal information from places such as Care homes, hospitals, hospices, e.g. to confirm address and contact details.
What Sincerity Funerals collect and use your information for
Sincerity Funerals will only ever collect and use information where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use information only where you have given us your permission to send you information about products and services and/or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you, or where it is necessary to provide the product or service you have requested.
Third parties that Sincerity Funerals may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reason outlined above.
These third parties include:
- Cemetery/Crematorium office
- Church Minister or Celebrants
- Department for work and pensions (DWP). For claims made for help towards funeral costs)
- Donation recipients
- Nursing Homes/Hospices
- Vehicle providers
- Caterers/wake venue
- Providers of memorial jewellery etc
Sincerity Funerals will not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others.
Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
- To improve the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don’t.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data is anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
- When using our website we will identify the IP addresses of all visitors to the website. This is required for the service to operate and properly detect click fraud.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK or EEA.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, Sincerity Funerals will take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third-party suppliers to ensure they meet these obligations.
How Sincerity Funerals protects your information
Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long Sincerity Funerals keep your information
Sincerity Funerals will process personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services and will store the personal data permanently.
Your individual rights
At any point while Sincerity Funerals are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Sincerity Funerals will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Sincerity Funerals (or third parties described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and:
245 Trysull Road, Wolverhampton, WV3 7LG